ŠKODA Citigo crowned Car of the Year 2012 by Auto Express
Category wins for Citigo, Superb and Superb Estate
ŠKODA wins Driver Power Award for fourth year in succession
ŠKODA has won Car of the Year twice in the last three years
Milton Keynes, 27 June 2012 - ŠKODA has swept the board at the 2012 Auto Express Car of the Year awards, winning five categories – including the prestigious Car of the Year title for the new Citigo.
For the third year running, the Superb triumphed in the Best Family Car category, while the Estate version took the Best Estate Car award – an achievement no other brand has equalled in the magazine’s history.
ŠKODA also won the Driver Power Award for the fourth year in a row. The brand has finished at the top of the magazine’s annual satisfaction poll for the past three years. The 2012 featured three ŠKODAs in the top four, with the Yeti voted the number one car for owner satisfaction.
Commenting on the haul of five honours, ŠKODA Brand Director Alasdair Steward said: “We’re delighted to receive these honours from Auto Express. To get such recognition for our products, both new and established, demonstrates how strong the brand has become. And to win the Driver Power Award for the fourth year in succession shows that we’re doing a great job of keeping buyers happy, too.”
Auto Express is Britain’s biggest-selling weekly car magazine. Its annual New Car Awards were held on Tuesday 26 June 2012 in London.?Announcing the results before a VIP industry audience, the magazine’s Editor in Chief, Steve Fowler, commented:
Car of the Year 2012 & Best City Car – ŠKODA Citigo
‘How does ŠKODA do it for the money? The Citigo is a small car with huge talent – it’s got space for four, drives superbly, is incredibly efficient and is beautifully built. Then there’s the price and kit list – it’s simply sensational value for money. We love it.’
Best Family Car – ŠKODA Superb
‘When it comes to family and fleet motoring, the ŠKODA Superb is the number one choice. It’s good to drive – both comfortable and rewarding – keeps running costs low, yet has executive car quality. And it’s got space to spare.’
Best Estate Car – Superb Estate
‘The Superb Estate is about more than just space – although it’s truly enormous inside and practical, too. No, the Superb is great from behind the wheel, whether the car’s fully loaded or with just a driver on board. It’s well priced and cheap to run, too.’
- ŠKODA UK achieved a record first quarter in 2012 with nearly 14,000 registrations. This followed the success of 2011, in which ŠKODA UK completed another record year, achieving 45,000 registrations and a 2.3% market share.
- In 2011, ŠKODA UK celebrated a record year of fleet sales achieving registrations of nearly 22,000, a 31% increase on the previous year, breaking through the 2% market share barrier for the first time.
- ŠKODA received 18 major awards in 2011, for its outstanding product and excellent customer service and thus far in 2012 has already received eight awards across the product range.
- ŠKODA has been in the top ten of the J.D. Power Survey of Customer Satisfaction for the past 19 years.
- ŠKODA Motorsport repeated its double win in 2011 as IRC Drivers’ & Manufacturers’ Champions, with Andreas Mikkelsen bringing home the IRC Drivers’ title for ŠKODA UK Motorsport.
For more Information, please contact:
Catherine Sleigh, Head of Press and PR, +44-1908 548 042 / +44-7710 331 389; firstname.lastname@example.org
Pietro Panarisi, Media Relations Manager, +44-1908 548 060 / +44-7814 674 661; email@example.com
This news release (and illustration) is issued in accordance with Clause 1.2j of the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion and therefore cannot be the subject of a transaction of any kind.